Dao Falls is another great waterfalls of Samboan. It is located in Barangay Suba. It is about an hour from the national highway trail to the mountain area of Suba. Such falls is actually a part of the Suba River serving as natural boundary of Samboan and Ginatilan.
Dao Falls is approximately 120 meters in height and is the tallest among the 5 waterfalls in Samboan. There are 2 ways to get to the falls; 1 option and which is easier is via Brgy Palanas which is accessible by habal-habal and trek is around 30 minutes maximum while the other route is via Brgy Suba, which is accessble by 4-wheel vehicles but the trek going to the falls is around 45 minutes to 1 hour.
Dao Falls in Samboan will offer you a perfect rate of adventure and fun. It maybe difficult to reach but it’s worth to visit and just a small groups of people will visit this place because of the terrain and river you have to cross.
- Distance from Cebu City: ~140 km going South
- Travel time from Cebu City: ~ 3.5 hours
- How to get there? Take a (Ceres) bus bound for Bato via Barili in South Bus Terminal.
- Transportation cost (one-way): P160-170 (Bus), P30-50 (Habal-habal)
- Other fees: P20 (Entrance), >=P100 (Guide)